In order to get an authoritative link from free link directories, youâ€™ll want to follow some rules:
- Get links from human edited directories.
- Read the directory guidelines, if the website you are submitting doesnâ€™t meet the submission requirements do not waste your time.
- Choose relevant Page that is related to the theme of your link with the relevant sub-category.
- Each submission requires a title and description. Use your main keywords at the title and write a good SEO description using your keywords.
- Submit your link once to the same directory.
- Use other links than the home page. For example you may submit the services page or a specific service and write about it.
- Use the email from the same domain name you are submitting. Some directories donâ€™t accept free email addresses.
- Submit the links for the same domain name slowly, as Google records the speed at which the website gets inbound links.
First week: max 8 directories per day.
Next 7-10 days: max 15 directories per day.
After that: 10-15 per day.
Standard Domain (Less than 1 year old domains that have some back links & indexed pages with Google) :
For these domains the best thing is to submit to directories with a high page rank.
First week: 15-20 directories per day.
After that: 10-15 directories per day.
There are no special rules but itâ€™s recommended to submit to minimum 15 directories per day
How to find a free directory:
Search Google for the following combinations:
- â€œadd linkâ€ + your keyword.
- â€œsubmit linkâ€ + your keyword.
- â€œadd siteâ€ + your keyword.
- â€œcool sitesâ€ + your keyword.
- â€œsuggest siteâ€ + your keyword
Archive for March, 2012
by Jubran Moe – Digital Marketing Manager @ IMC Digital
Lately people got confused in what to use to market a business online and which channel to spend the dollars on, so this article will guide you in what to do when it comes to digital marketing; specially these days in 2012.
Around the blogosphere there are a lot of major blogs talking about inbound marketing. This relatively new marketing approach is perhaps one of the best for online businesses and it can really bring in a lot of traffic. However, be aware that inbound marketing takes a lot of time and effort. But, if you have these to spare, then you can get more customers and traffic.
With inbound marketing you have to become an expert in your field. Not only that, but your presence has to be unavoidable. When someone searches your topic, they should find you there. You know you have seen people like that, and they are making a killing in whatever field they are promoting. So, how do you do the same thing?
Itâ€™s a mixture of article marketing, video marketing, blogging and being incredibly visible on blogs. You have to get up everyday and think of new and interesting content. Then, you have to really syndicate it. Make articles, posts and videos all about your content and then place them everywhere.
For all the time used on this marketing, you should notice a large return. Why is this? Aside from wanting to buy from an expert, people are now usually researching products before they buy them. By being everywhere, you can help people decide whether they should buy from you and what product they should buy.
However, inbound marketing is not for everyone. If you donâ€™t have the time or patience to get up everyday and if you canâ€™t make good content consistently, then inbound marketing might not work. If you can do this, then try out inbound marketing and see just what it can do for you. Most experts are using it, and you can tell from listening to them that they are making sales. Even if they are not, their confidence is sure to win people over, and that is a major aspect of this marketing method: confidence.