In order to get an authoritative link from free link directories, youâ€™ll want to follow some rules:
- Get links from human edited directories.
- Read the directory guidelines, if the website you are submitting doesnâ€™t meet the submission requirements do not waste your time.
- Choose relevant Page that is related to the theme of your link with the relevant sub-category.
- Each submission requires a title and description. Use your main keywords at the title and write a good SEO description using your keywords.
- Submit your link once to the same directory.
- Use other links than the home page. For example you may submit the services page or a specific service and write about it.
- Use the email from the same domain name you are submitting. Some directories donâ€™t accept free email addresses.
- Submit the links for the same domain name slowly, as Google records the speed at which the website gets inbound links.
First week: max 8 directories per day.
Next 7-10 days: max 15 directories per day.
After that: 10-15 per day.
Standard Domain (Less than 1 year old domains that have some back links & indexed pages with Google) :
For these domains the best thing is to submit to directories with a high page rank.
First week: 15-20 directories per day.
After that: 10-15 directories per day.
There are no special rules but itâ€™s recommended to submit to minimum 15 directories per day
How to find a free directory:
Search Google for the following combinations:
- â€œadd linkâ€ + your keyword.
- â€œsubmit linkâ€ + your keyword.
- â€œadd siteâ€ + your keyword.
- â€œcool sitesâ€ + your keyword.
- â€œsuggest siteâ€ + your keyword